The Antigua Barbuda ferry service uses the Barbuda Express which is an innovative wave-piercing catamaran giving maximum passenger comfort at high speed. The journey time of 90 minutes in nearly all weather conditions makes it ideal for business use and for day-trips or excursions.
We also operate the Typhoon Express which carries both passengers and large cargo. See schedule for days and hours of operation.
The Barbuda Express ferry boards at the ferry dock in St. John's Harbour, bottom of High St. See schedule for hours of operation.
The Barbuda Express runs 7 days a week between Antigua and Barbuda:
- • Barbudans can spend a convenient day in St Johns for business or shopping with a liberal allowance for goods carried by hand.
- • Antiguans can visit Barbuda for the day or longer, at reasonable rates, to enjoy the amazing beauty and peace of their sister island.
- • Tourists can economically visit Barbuda with a selection of packages to explore and discover this undeveloped and unique island.
- • Freight can be regularly and reliably moved between the islands. Contact Barbuda Express for details.
- • Baggage allowance is limited to 2 pieces per fare-paying passenger (plus personal hand bag). If you need to travel with more than 2 pieces of baggage, please contact Barbuda Express for details.
- • In the event of cancellation of ferry service due to poor or unsafe weather conditions, Barbuda Express is not held liable in any way.